Latest News StoriesBack to headlines
Vivid Studio Insider for November 18, 2005
Vivid Studio Insider for November 18, 2005VIVID LEADS THE WAY IN iPOD ADULT CONTENT COVERAGE -- Vivid Entertainment co-founder/co-chairman Steven Hirsch has been quoted extensively in the media in the past week as reporters have covered the question of adult content availability on video iPods and cell phones. A Washington Post story was headlined: “Mini-Porn Could Be Mega-Business; Video IPods, Cell Phones Provide New Vehicles for Adult Industry.” Reporter Mike Musgrove cites Vivid as a leader in noting that the new devices are being advanced by the industry that “has often been at the forefront of other technological innovations: porn. Pornography is spreading from the computer desktop to the small screen, to pocket-sized devices such as cell phones, digital music players and portable game players.”
An Associated Press story was headlined: “Dirty Downloads Ready to Go on iPods.” Reporter Ron Harris quotes Hirsch as saying that when adult mobile phone content does become widespread this distribution channel "could be a huge percentage of our business. People love watching adult movies and to be able to carry an adult movie in your pocket is a powerful tool." The AP story was used by thousands of newspapers and television stations around the world and a recent Google search indicated 120,000 mentions in Websites.
THE DEVIL STAYS ON TOP -- The New Devil in Miss Jones remains on top of the AVN best-selling and best-renting video list. The blockbuster has been on the charts for six weeks. Two other Vivid releases are on the list this week, Tom Sizemore Sex Scandal and Janine’s Been Blackmaled. Vivid Girl Savanna Samson, aka “Miss Jones,” continues to promote the Devil DVD. She took part in a virtual radio tour that included live interviews with stations in Atlanta, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland-Akron, Columbus, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Memphis, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Milwaukee, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Pittsburgh and Providence-New Bedford.
SIZEMORE RADIO PROMOS POPULAR -- Vivid was on the air throughout the country with week long radio station promotions featuring the “Tom Sizemore Sex Scandal” DVD. Over a dozen stations participated in the promotion, which could be heard in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York and Ohio. Lucky listeners received a copy of the DVD.
- 07.30.2014Ray J -- Kim Kardashian Sex Tape Regrets ... I Never Shoulda Banged 'Bitches' On Camera
- 07.28.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR JULY 28, 2014
- 07.18.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR JULY 18, 2014
- 07.15.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR JULY 15, 2014
- 07.15.2014VIVID TO RELEASE X-MEN XXX: AN AXEL BRAUN PARODY ONLINE ON JULY 15 AND IN STORES ON JULY 29
- 07.15.2014ADULT SUPERSTARS TERA PATRICK, ASH HOLLYWOOD, KENDALL KARSON AND JAYDEN COLE WILL MAKE IT HOTTER IN HOUSTON WITH THE GRAND OPENING OF VIVID LIVE MEN
- 07.14.2014Love It or Leave It: Farrah Abraham's Very Naughty Sex Toy Fashion
- 07.03.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR JULY 3, 2014