Latest News StoriesBack to headlines
VIVID ENTERTAINMENT DEMANDS HTC AMERICA STOP USING ITS TRADEMARK TO SELL NEW WIRELESS DEVICE
LOS ANGELES – (November 16, 2011) – Vivid Entertainment, the world’s leading adult movie studio, said today it has written a “cease and desist” letter to mobile phone maker HTC America for its use of the Vivid trademark. HTC America is part of the publicly traded HTC Corporation, based in Taiwan.
In a letter to HTC America chief executive Peter Chou, attorney Mark S. Hoffman, a partner in the Los Angeles firm of Labowe, Labowe & Hoffman, LLP, demanded the company stop using the Vivid name “in association with the marketing and sale of a wireless device that your company advertises can surf online websites and is ‘built to entertain, with movies and shows’ on a 4.5-inch screen.”
Mr. Hoffman said HTC America’s use of the Vivid trademarks “creates the false impression that your company and your company’s products are affiliated, connected, or associated with and or sanctioned by Vivid Entertainment.” He added, “We believe it is possible that your company is not unaware of this conflict.”
Mr. Hoffman gave HTC America until Monday, November 21 to respond to his letter and cease using the Vivid trademark or “our client will have no alternative but to pursue all legal remedies.”
“For the past 27 years Vivid has worked hard to protect and build its brand. We believe this is a clear infringement and will use all legal remedies available to protect our trademark,” said Steven Hirsch, founder/co-chairman of Vivid Entertainment.
About Vivid: Founded in 1984, Vivid has always placed heavy emphasis on high quality erotic film entertainment and has created wide brand-name awareness through its films, innovative marketing and a licensing program that extends to advertising, apparel, book publishing, and a range of other products. TV audiences have gotten to know the company's management and talent through two seven-part series on Showtime, "Debbie Does Dallas...Again" and "Deeper Throat." In addition to its Vivid-Celeb imprint famous for celebrity sex tapes, the company is known for its Vivid SuperXXXHeroes parodies and award-winning feature films. The Vivid website, www.vivid.com has a loyal following of fans of Vivid movies from the industry's largest archive.
- 08.25.2014VIVID TO RELEASE PHIL VARONE GROUPIES: THE MUSIC FROM BEHIND FEATURING AUTHENTIC GROUPIES ON VIVID.COM ON AUG. 26 AND IN STORES ON SEPT. 9
- 08.22.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR AUGUST 22, 2014
- 08.15.2014Vivid Studio Insider For August 15, 2014
- 08.11.2014ADULT SUPERSTAR AND VIVID RADIO HOST MONIQUE ALEXANDER TO PERFORM AT VIVID LIVE MEN’S CLUB IN HOUSTON AUG. 14-16
- 08.11.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR AUGUST 11, 2014
- 07.30.2014Ray J -- Kim Kardashian Sex Tape Regrets ... I Never Shoulda Banged 'Bitches' On Camera
- 07.28.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR JULY 28, 2014
- 07.18.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR JULY 18, 2014